London Regional Forum
3rd Retail Forum: The Geffrye Museum, 12 June 2017
2nd Retail Forum: The Sir John Soane Museum. 20 February 2017
The core topic for the second forum was to explore as much as possible about eCommerce.
Kirstin Elliot opened with a short talk and tour of the museum and the role of retail at the museum.
Emma Forward from The Royal Academy gave a talk about building the eCommerce at the RA, with details on strategy, cost and some crucial take-aways for future planning.
Chris Unitt (Anayltic Consultant) gave the groups an understanding of the value that analytics can give your business.
1st Retail Forum: The Geffrye Museum, Hoxton, London
- The Chair of the London forum is Sean O'Sullivan, Head of Retail, Licensing and Hospitality at the Museum of London.
- The meeting of 21 October 2016 was held at The Geffrye Museum, Hoxton, London.at
- The agenda for the meeting was:
- Business review
- Case Study 1 - Katie Fairburn, Commercial Officer at The Postal Museum, "Planning and developing products for a new shop". Katie gave a case study about the development of the new museum and shop which is due to open in Spring 2017. She spoke about the challenges of designing two new shops and bespoke stock, and walked us through the process of building the range from scratch for the two shops that will open. She also outlined the challenges of working with curatorial staff when researching products, as well as how they developed a story, including a book and product range of a Mail Cat.
- Case Study 2 - Sue Croxford, "The Rocky Road to Licensing". Sue gave a brief overview of the problems that can be faced when looking at licensing products, the costs that are involved and the pitfalls.
- Discussion on future topics, and timings for meetings. It was agreed that the topic for the next forum would be e-commerce.
Planned dates for future London retail forums are detailed below. Download agenda for the next forum on 20 February here.
|20th February 2017||Sir John Soane's Museum||11.00 - 15.30|
|10 May 2017||tbc||10.30 - 15.30|
|19 September 2017||tbc||tbc|
For more information including copies of the minutes and presentations, or to offer a host venue for future meetings please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss future topics for the agenda please get in touch with: